Charles E Hardy
I am a San Antonio Divorce attorney who specializes in divorce and family law matters. I understand how incredibly traumatic the divorce experience can be. Change is difficult. I strive to timely resolve your case in as prompt and efficient a manner as possible. I'll work persistently to insure that the delays of our opposition, intentional or not, do not stagnate your legal process.
If you need a high caliber attorney with a thorough understanding of the law, and you want a man of integrity, proud of his reputation and the respect of both judges and fellow attorneys, then I am eager to assist you.
I am confident of my professional capability, but I am not one who is pompous or aloof, like those who return calls "later in the week." In fact, I may be the most accessible Family Law attorney in San Antonio. My clients have my office number, my mobile number, and even my home phone number. When I'm not available, my calls are usually returned the same day.
I handle all types of divorces, from the simply uncontested to the most complex. I will aggressively represent your interest to obtain any and all relief. My practice is predominantly in San Antonio, but I am often called to Kendall, Comal, Kerr, Guadalupe, and other surrounding counties.
I can quickly and accurately assess your case an present you with informed options and clear insight upon which you can base an educated decision. Once you clearly understand your position, you'll be able to decide best how to handle your case and you'll know what to expect.
*30+ years focused on family law issues. Unlike many lawyers who may never see a courtroom or who have very limited courtroom experience, I have tried many cases.
*Extensive knowledge of the law and legal procedure. I know how to protect your rights and obtain the best results for you.
*I Maintain in excess of required C.L.E. seminars and credits to keep abreast of the latest changes to the law. We're proud that H.H.Z. is the San Antonio firm attorneys call when they have legal questions regarding family law. Note that I attend more classes than the state bar requires and as an expert in family law topics, I am often called upon to teach these seminars to divorce lawyers across the state.
*Ability to accurately assess a case and present clear options and insight upon which to base an educated decision as to how best to handle your case and what to reasonably expect.
*Energetic, knowledgeable and aggressive in protecting client rights under Texas divorce law.
*I am committed to protect your best interest, whether you need a divorce attorney because you have been served papers, or you would like to consult with a qualified divorce lawyer.
*Keen understanding of the complexities of the divorce process and Bexar County Court System. I will work within the system to protect you in your case.
*Services offered to attorneys and clients on a consultation or retainer basis; "of counsel" to the legal profession in the trial and appeal of divorce, support and custody matters, and in the preparation of settlement agreements and pre-nuptial agreements. Whether I'm hired individually or to help your attorney, I will represent your interest aggressively, to the full extent of the law.
*Highly dedicated to clients. I believe that being easily accessible is crucial to both client and attorney. If I cannot be reached immediately, I usually return calls same-day. I enjoy talking with and helping my clients, so communicating is not a difficult thing for me to do.
(Practice areas include Divorce, Matrimonial and Family Law, Complex Divorce, Child Custody and Visitation, Relocation, Child Support and Alimony Proceedings, Enforcement and Modification Proceedings, Contempt of Court Proceedings, Paternity, Domestic Violence, issues surrounding Best Interest of Children, and Interstate as well as International Child Abduction and Custody Matters.)
My Goal is to help you find the very best solution to the issues you face.
Personal interests include golf (but not good at it), travel with my family and enjoying group cruises with my clients throughout the Caribbean, Alaska and the Mediterranean. I also enjoy speaking and attending Family Law conferences.
Please feel free to call me directly if I can help at (210) 561-4029 (My Office Direct Line)
Areas of Practice
- 70% Divorce
- 20% Child Custody
- 10% Visitation, Child Support, Relocation
- 80% of Practice Devoted to Litigation
Certified Legal Specialties
- Family Law, Texas Board of Legal Specialization, 1984
- St. Mary's University School of Law, San Antonio, Texas
- Southern Methodist University, Dallas, Texas
- B.B.A. - 1980
- Major: Business, Journalism
- Fair Fees to Clients, Advanced Family Law Course
- Fairness in Judge's in Chambers Interviews, Marriage Dissolution Seminar
- Successful Mediation Practices, Advanced Family Law Seminar
- Successful Billing Practices and the Mutual Fairness Doctrine, Advanced Family Law Course - Boot Camp
- Preparing and Presenting your Custody Case Using Technology, Advanced Family Law Course
- Bizarre Divorce Cases and Unique Solutions, UT Parent Child Seminar
- Protocols and Advanced Technology, Advanced Family Law Course
- “ADR Is NOT A 4-Letter Word!, Hot Tops for Successful Litigation Alternatives", Parent-Child Relationships Seminar
- Disproportionate Divisions, Marriage Dissolution Institute
- Analyzing Your Property Case: A Prequel to Characterization, Valuation and Division of the Marital Estate, 35th Annual Advanced Family Law Course
- "Do I Look Like I’m Negotiating?”, Creative Mediation Techniques Panel, 34th Annual Advanced Family Law Course
- The Mysteries of Family Law: Ten Must Know Procedures, Family Law Section Seminar
- The Mysteries of Family Law: 10 Must Know Procedure & Evidence Tips, Family Law Seminar
- Standard of Value-How to Determine the Value of An Entity, AAML Mid Year Meeting
- Discovery and Evidence: What I’ve Forgotten Since Law School!, San Antonio Bar Seminar
- Applying Procedural Tactics to Enhance Your Client's Case, Advanced Family Law Drafting Course - New Orleans, Louisiana
Honors and Awards
- Super Lawyer, Texas Monthly Magazine, 2006 - 2014
- Best of Family Lawyers - 8 years running - Scene in SA Magazine
- President's Award, San Antonio Bar Association, 2004 - 2005
- Texas Pro Bono Lawyer of the Year, American Bar Association Journal
- President's Award, San Antonio Bar Association, 2005 - Present
- President's Award, San Antonio Bar Association , 2004 - Present
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Texas Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers, Past President, 2013 - 2014
- American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers, Past President, 2012 - 2013
Pro Bono Activities
- Community Justice Program, 2005 - Present
- Alpha Tau Omega